The Charter Opinions
Apple Pie Tacos
Whenever you get an apple pie craving, these tacos really hit the spot! This recipe for apple pie tacos is fast, requires very little on the planning end and creates the perfect bite-sized dessert.
These tacos are very fun to make, and it is easy to find something that even the youngest in your family can do to help out. Cutting the tortilla circles can be fun to do with little ones, and covering the shells with the cinnamon sugar is the perfect job for little hands. Using the muffin tin upside down will be a first for even the most experienced bakers but it’s a simple trick that yields tasty results. The finished product will be something that the makers can be proud of and that the whole family can enjoy.
Ingredients – Serves 4-6 (20-30 minutes)
- 5 large flour tortillas
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 3/4 cup sugar, divided
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon, divided
- 4 green apples, peeled and diced
- 1/2 a lemon
- caramel sauce, optional
- whipped cream, optional
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Using a 4-inch round cookie cutter, cut 4-5 circles from each tortilla. Cut until you have about 20 circles in total.
- In a bowl, combine 3 tablespoons melted butter with 1/4 cup sugar and 1 teaspoon of cinnamon.
- Place one of the tortilla circles into the bowl and flip back and forth until coated. Repeat for the remaining circles.
- Flip the muffin tin upside down. Place one tortilla circle in between two muffin cups until all circles are in place.
- Bake for 5-6 minutes until golden brown.
- Mix the chopped apples with the lemon juice and the remaining 1/2 cup sugar and 2 teaspoons cinnamon.
- Place a skillet on medium heat and add the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter. Add the apple mixture and sauté for 3-4 minutes or until soft.
- Remove the tacos from the oven and spoon 2 tablespoons of the apple mixture into them. Top with the optional caramel sauce and whipped cream, then serve.
“These easy Apple Pie Tacos have a delicious cinnamon sugary apple filling in a crispy and sweet taco, drizzled with caramel sauce, and then topped with whipped cream!” said Cindy from TipBuzz.
Cindy, and Cindy. “Apple Pie Tacos.” TipBuzz. 23 Nov. 2019. tipbuzz.com/apple-pie-tacos/.
Accessed 13 Apr. 2020